Monday, January 08, 2007

Sam Houston's home

The first photograph is of Sam Houston's old home off Caroline. I'm not sure where it exactly was, but I'm sure it's not there anymore!

The second is of a monument at the San Jacinto Battleground. Hmm...it sure has grown in the last 100 years.

Both photos are from the 1900s.

(Sorry for the lack of updates last week. I've got some things going on in the next few weeks that will indirectly impact BCH in a good way. More about it next week.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger laanba said...

I just want by the house location yesterday on the GHPA tour! It is near Caroline and Prairie.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger J.R.G. said...

That's great. There must be some kind of marker there or something. I guess the building is demolished? I can't understand why that would happen, even if the house was still standing by the early 1900s.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a plaque on the Marine Building, right next to Craiglali's Italian restaurant.
It says something about the Rep Tx White House, although there is another location claiming that fact as well.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger J.R.G. said...

Thanks for the info, Brian. I'll check it out when I get back into town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home